If you would be interested in hearing about my journey creating Sammy Rambles and his adventures, please contact me for details about visiting your school.
Interactive Dragon Talks are available for school assemblies, and/or for approx. 1 hour sessions with Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6, adapting the interactive talk for the age range and curriculum (KS1, KS2, KS3).
Find out more about:
– The inspiration behind Sammy Rambles, the reason for writing.
– Philosophical influences, mythology, love of words, hidden meanings within the stories.
– Writing the stories using pen and paper in every spare minute and very unusual places.
– Editing, proofreading, aiming for 95%.
– Agents, Publishers, Rejection and the route of self-publishing.
– The reason for publishing the books in quick succession.
– Promoting the stories, creating the website and Facebook page.
– Visiting fairs, events, schools, meeting the readers.
– Writing more stories in the future.
In the Interactive Dragon Talks, children are encouraged to create their own dragons and their own fabulous stories to share.
Please contact 07950 264505 for more details or visit www.facebook.com/sammyrambles for photos and reviews of recent school visits.
“Thank you so much for coming over, sharing your work and inspiring our children. I know the visit was a huge success from our point of view and both children and staff, from both the British and Canadian Schools, loved the experience.” Mr Jens Niedzwiedzki, Acting Headteacher, The British Section, SHAPE International School.
“I just need to let you know that our children are currently playing ‘Dragonball’ in their PE lesson! They are having so much fun using space hoppers as their dragons. What an inspiration you have been.” – Ruby & Sapphire Classes. All Saints Primary School, Bishops Caundle, Dorset.
“Jenny came to visit our vibrant Year 4 class of 37 pupils and had them truly engaged with her stories. It was thoroughly enjoyable to have Jenny share her writing tips and enthral our students with extracts from the books. The children relished the chance to write their own dragon stories, based on the adventures portrayed in Sammy Rambles and now they can’t stop talking about dragons! Thank you Jenny, please come again.” Rowan Class. Elmhurst Junior School, Street, Somerset.